Spicy garlic mussels is perfect as an appetizer or even a main course. Enjoy the rich flavors of the mussels with a spicy kick from the red pepper flakes and the aromatic garlic. The herbs add a fresh touch to this delectable seafood dish.
To prepare spicy garlic mussels, you will need a few essential cooking utensils:
Large Pan or Pot: You’ll need a large, deep pan or pot with a lid to cook the mussels. Make sure it’s big enough to hold all the mussels comfortably.
Spatula or Wooden Spoon: You’ll need a spatula or wooden spoon for sautéing the garlic and spices, as well as for gently stirring the mussels.
Cutting Board and Knife: You’ll need a cutting board and a sharp knife to mince the garlic and prepare any garnishes or herbs.
Plates or Bowls: You’ll need plates or bowls for serving the spicy garlic mussels. These can be shallow bowls or deep plates to hold both the mussels and the flavorful broth.
Lid: A lid for your pan or pot is essential to cover it while the mussels are cooking. This helps steam them and ensures even cooking.
Optional: Strainer or Colander: If you prefer, you can use a strainer or colander to drain the mussels after boiling them for 2 minutes to remove any excess liquid.
Nutrition Facts for 100 g.
|Prep Time||5 min.|
|Cooking Time||15 min.|
- Mussels — 500 g. (boiled for 2 minutes in boiling water)
- Garlic — 3-4 cloves, minced
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley or cilantro), for garnish
- Red pepper flakes — 1 tsp.
- Paprika — 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil — 1 tsp., for drizzling
- Greens — dill, parsley, basil
- Cherry tomatoes 100 g.
How to Make Spicy Garlic Mussels
Step 1. Start by thoroughly cleaning the mussels. Scrub the shells and debeard them if necessary.
Step 2. In a large saucepan pour 1 l. of water. Boil it. Then add mussels. Boil them in a water for 2 minutes.
Step 3. Drain the water from a saucepan.
Step 4. Add the red pepper flakes and paprika, fresh chopped garlic, olive oil and salt. Stir well to release their flavors into the oil.
Step 5. Serve the spicy garlic mussels hot, garnished with fresh herbs (parsley, green onion, basil) of your choice.
Food and Drink Paring
Spicy garlic mussels pair wonderfully with a variety of food and drink options. Here are some suggestions:
1. Crusty Bread: Serve your spicy garlic mussels with some crusty bread, like a baguette or garlic bread. The bread can be used to soak up the flavorful broth.
2. French Fries: For a heartier option, consider serving mussels with a side of crispy French fries. The combination of these two dishes is a classic and satisfying choice.
3. Salad: Balance the richness of the mussels with a fresh green salad. A simple garden salad with vinaigrette dressing can complement the meal well.
4. White Wine: Mussels and white wine are a classic pairing. A crisp, dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, complements the seafood and enhances the garlic and spice flavors.
5. Beer: A cold, light beer can also be a great match for the spiciness of the mussels.
6. Citrus Cocktails: Consider cocktails like a Mojito or a classic Gin and Tonic with a twist of citrus. The zesty, citrusy flavors can harmonize with nutritious and healthy meal.
Snap. Cook. Share
If you are ready for new culinary adventures, then save the recipe you liked. I’m sure your guests will appreciate this culinary wonder. The world is changing every second, but the warmth and comfort of family gatherings should remain unchanged. Enjoy your meal!