The plus of this vegetarian meal recipe is it can be a separate dish or garnish. At the same time, stewed zucchini is equally delicious both hot and cold.
- 2 medium zucchinis;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 onion;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 2 tbs. sunflower/olive oil;
- 2 tbs. tomato paste;
- salt and ground black pepper — to taste;
- 1 bunch of dill and parsley.
How to cook stewed zucchini with tomatoes and pepper
- Wash all the vegetables. Peel the onion, garlic and carrots, zucchini. The seeds from the pepper need to be removed.
- Grease the pan with sunflower/olive oil. Reheat the pan, put the chopped onion and garlic passed through a garlic crusher to fry. After a couple of minutes, add sliced tomatoes and tomato paste. After a few minutes add pepper and carrot straws, and then zucchini cut into dices.
- Vegetables need to be constantly mixed. If they do not release enough liquid and start to burn, add a little water. Season with salt and pepper and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes. At the end of cooking, add chopped fresh dill and parsley
Stewed zucchini with tomatoes and pepper recipe will be a good decision if you need to follow diet without meat.
This stewed zucchini recipe can be a nice garnish for roasted turkey or any other meat you prefer.
Enjoy your food!