You can quickly cook this fragrant, thick soup with turkey, potatoes and vegetables at home. The dish is hearty and delicious. Besides, turkey is a healthy product containing a low amount of cholesterol (74 mg per 100 g).
- Turkey thigh – 1 pc. (700 g.)
- Potatoes – 3-4 pcs. (500 g.)
- Tomatoes – 1 pc. (200 g.)
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc. (150 g.)
- Carrot- 1 pc. (150 g.)
- Onion – 1 pc. (150 g.)
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Cumin (cumin) – 0.5 tsp.
- Coriander in grains – 0.5 tsp.
- Ground black pepper – 0.2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbs.
- Tomato paste – 1 tbs.
- Fresh parsley – 2-3 sprigs
How to cook vegetable soup with turkey
- Prepare all the ingredients. You can use a turkey thigh or drumstick without a bone for this soup recipe.
- Peel the carrots and onions. Cut carrots into small dices and onions into thin pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in stewpan, put the onion and fry, stirring for 5 minutes, until the onion becomes transparent.
- Cut the turkey meat into large pieces (about 3-4cm.)
- Add the turkey meat to the onion in a saucepan and fry over high heat for 5 minutes. Do not forget to mix up the ingredients to avoid burning. Then reduce the heat and simmer the meat with onions for 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them into dices. Peel the pepper from the seeds and also chop into small pieces.
- Put the vegetables into a saucepan, add the tomato paste (diluted with 200 ml of water) and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and add 1.5 liters of water.
- Finely chop the peeled garlic with a knife, grind the cumin and coriander in a bowl.
- Add the chopped spices to the saucepan, wait till the soup boiling and cook until the potatoes are ready, 15 minutes.
- Put salt and ground black pepper into a saucepan. Turn off the heating.
- Pour vegetable soup with turkey on plates, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy a fragrant and delicious first course.
Enjoy your meal!