This simple yet delicious breakfast dish combines the creamy taste of Greek yogurt with the spicy flavor of soft-boiled eggs generously seasoned with Turkish spices. Take a break from your standard keto breakfast recipes with this exotic treat, full of nutrients and protein, for the perfect healthy start to your day. Soft-boiled eggs with plain greek yogurt can be paired with keto-friendly bread or flatbreads to make this tasty dish even more spicy and filling.
Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and calcium, while eggs provide protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients like vitamin D. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, while paprika adds flavor and a hint of smokiness. Tahini, made from ground sesame seeds, provides healthy fats and a nutty flavor.
- 3/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp fresh garlic
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tahini
How to make soft-boiled eggs with plain greek yogurt
Step 1. Measure and prepare all the ingredients.
Step 2. In a bowl, mix the Greek yogurt with tahini.
Step 3. Using a mortar and pestle, crush the fresh garlic. Add melted butter, turmeric and paprika. Mix well.
Step 5. Boil the eggs to soft-boiled consistency (for 5-6 minutes). Place them in a boiling water. Peel off the shell.
Step 6. Serve the soft-boiled eggs with the yogurt and tahini mixture. Drizzle with garlic mixture and olive oil on top. Enjoy!
Here are some tips for making soft-boiled eggs with greek yogurt
- Use fresh and high-quality ingredients, especially the eggs, which are the star of this dish.
- Be sure to follow the cooking time for the soft-boiled eggs, which is typically around 6-7 minutes. This will ensure that the yolks are still runny while the whites are just set.
- While boiling the eggs, add a pinch of salt to the water to help with the peeling process.
- Don’t skip the step of mixing the yogurt and tahini together, as this creates a creamy and tangy base for the eggs.
- To add some heat, you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes or Aleppo pepper on top of the eggs.
- If you don’t have tahini on hand, you could substitute it with almond butter or another nut butter.
- Serve the eggs with some keto-friendly bread or pita for a more substantial breakfast.
- You can also garnish the dish with some fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill, for added flavor and color.
Enjoy your meal! You can serve it with napa cabbage salad with French mustard dressing.