If you tired of spending too much time and money on meals, meal planning can help. By taking a little time each week to plan out your meals and recipes, you can save both time and money in the kitchen. I think meal planning has been a game-changer for me. Here are some basics of meal I found useful.
How to save time and money in the kitchen: 7 tips
- Make a plan. You will need a ready a plan. Take some time at the beginning of the week, choose a list of meals you want to cook. You also have to consider your schedule and how much time you need for cooking in a day. You can also check what ingredients you already have on hand and what else you need to buy.
- Buy and think. Once you have your meal plan, it is time to go to the store but first, write all ingredients you need to buy in a list. This will help you stay organized and prevent you from buying things you do not need. When you are at the store, follow your list and try to buy fruits and vegetables that are on sale or in season.
- Prepare ingredients and tools beforehand. One of the biggest time-savers when it comes to meal planning is to prepare ingredients ahead of time. For example, you can chop vegetables or cook grains and proteins in advance. This will make it easier to cook meals during the week.
- Use Leftovers. Include leftovers in the daily menu. When you are cooking, make extra portions that you can eat next day for lunch or dinner.
- Make easy things. Chose recipes that have only a few ingredients. Usually the will not require a lot of time or effort. You can also use a slow cooker if you have it to make meals while you are not at home. Besides, do not hesitate to repeat home menu throughout the week. This step will help you save time and ensure that you are not wasting ingredients.
- Collect favorite recipes. Make a list of the recipes and, create a note on your smartphone, world document or a notebook with recipes close at hand. Everything should be in one place so that you don not waste time searching for that very recipe on the Internet.
- Try new recipes. Finally, do not be afraid to get creative with your meal planning. You can try new recipes or experiment with different flavor combinations. You can also involve your family or roommates in the process by having them suggest meals or help with the cooking. By making meal planning fun and collaborative, you will be more likely to stick with it and save time and money in the kitchen.
In conclusion, meal planning is a simple but effective way to save time and money in the kitchen. By starting with a plan, shopping smart, preparing ahead, using leftovers, keeping it simple, and getting creative, you will be able to cook healthy, satisfying meals without breaking the bank. So, give it a try and see how it works for you!
Be the first to comment