Traditional Mexican burritos include several ingredients, like meat, beans and vegetables. There are many variants of this tasty food. I choose ground turkey burritos with beans recipe.
- Turkey minced — 750 g.
- Ground red pepper — 1.2 tsp.
- Garlic — 5 cloves
- Bulgarian yellow pepper — 3 pcs.
- Red beans in their own juice — 750 g.
- Tomato paste (puree) 370 g.
- Corn oil — 100 g.
- Chicken broth — 500 ml
- Zira — 1.2 tsp.
- Ground coriander — 80 g.
- Tortilla — 6 pcs.
- Salt — 1.2 tsp.
How to make ground turkey burritos with beans
- Fry the turkey minced meat in preheated corn oil with chopped garlic.
- Drain the liquid from the beans. Add it into the saucepan, and also add spices.
- Cut the sweet yellow pepper into strips, put it in a saucepan and fry for about 3 minutes. Then pour chicken broth into the saucepan and simmer without a lid for another 10 minutes.
- Add coriander and tomato paste. Sauté the ingredients for another 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Wrap the filling in tortillas. Place on the grill grid. Bake for 3 minutes on each side. Serve burritos with guacamole sauce (I substitute it with sour cream).
Enjoy your meal!
You can see other Mexican cuisine recipes here.