Daikon is winter vegetable. It has bright taste. Let’s combine pork and daikon stir-fry.
- Large Skillet or Wok: You’ll need a large, deep skillet or a wok for stir-frying the ingredients. A non-stick skillet or a well-seasoned wok works best.
- Sharp Knife: A sharp chef’s knife for slicing the pork, daikon, carrot, and onion. Make sure it’s suitable for precision cutting.
- Cutting Board: A sturdy cutting board to safely chop and prepare the vegetables and pork.
- Grater or Fine Grater: To grate the ginger, you’ll need a grater or a fine grater. This will help release the ginger’s flavor more effectively.
- Bowls: You’ll need bowls for marinating the pork and holding the ingredients as you prepare them.
- Measuring Cup: A measuring cup for accurate measurement of the soy sauce and other liquids.
- Spatula or Tongs: Spatula or tongs for stirring and flipping the ingredients in the skillet.
- Kitchen Timer (Optional): A kitchen timer can be handy to keep track of cooking times, especially when stir-frying.
- Serving Dish: A serving dish or plate to present your Pork and Daikon Stir-Fry.
- Utensils: Basic utensils like a fork, knife, and spoon for eating and serving.
- Napkins and Chopsticks (Optional): Napkins for cleaning up and chopsticks for an authentic touch when serving the dish.
Nutrition Facts for 100 g.
|Prep Time||10 g.|
|Cooking Time||40 min.|
- Pork — 600 gr.
- Daikon (Japanese radish) — 200 gr.
- Carrot — 100 gr.
- Onion — 100 gr.
- Spices to taste (common spices like paprika, pink peppercorn, black pepper, aromatic pepper, salt)
- Ginger — 10 gr.
- Soy sauce — 50 ml.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter or oil for cooking
How to Make Pork and Daikon Stir-Fry
- Prepare the Ingredients. Thinly slice the pork into cubes. Peel and cut the onion into thin matchstick-sized pieces. Grate carrot and daikon. Mince the ginger or finely.
- Marinate the Pork. In a bowl, combine the sliced pork with the soy sauce, spices and ginger. Let it marinate for about 15-20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Stir-Fry. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add a bit of butter or oil. Add the marinated pork with marinade to the skillet and stir-fry until it’s cooked through and slightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sauté the Vegetables. In the same skillet, add a bit more butter or oil if needed. Add the sliced onions, carrots and daikon. Stir-fry them for about 10 minutes until they become tender and slightly caramelized.
- Final Touch. Stir everything together for another 10 minutes until the flavors meld together, and the dish is heated through. You may add a little water.
- Serve. Your Pork and Daikon Stir-Fry is ready to be served. You can garnish it with a bit of chopped fresh herbs or green onions for added flavor.
This delicious stir-fry combines the tenderness of the pork with the crispness of daikon, along with the aromatic ginger and spices. It’s a satisfying dish that’s easy to prepare and full of flavor. Enjoy your meal!
Food and Drink Paring
You may cook fresh vegetable salad, rice or potatoes. It is nice in winter to make aromatic black tea that warm you more after a nutritious dinner. You may also pour your favorite juice in a glass. So look around what do you have in your fridge.
Snap. Cook. Share
I appreciate any informative activity on this platform. Please tell what you like to cook and share the recipe you like with others. Thank you. Take care of yourself and make everything with love and joy!