This recipe of turkey meatballs and spinach gluten-free soup will be exellent idea to add in a healthy diet or when you have allergy on wheat.
For the Meatballs:
- Lean turkey mince — 450 g.
- Grated cheese — 100 g.
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs — 100 g.
- Fresh rosemary — ½ tsp.
- Fresh oregano — ¼ tsp.
- Salt — half of teaspoon
- Ground black pepper — ¼ tsp.
- Squeezed garlic — 2 cloves
- Egg — 1 pcs.
For the Soup:
- Olive oil — 2 tbs.
- Thinly sliced small onion — 1 pc.
- Minced garlic cloves — 2 pcs.
- Carrot —1big pc. cut into thin round circles
- Diced celery — 2 stalks
- cut into half-circles zucchini — 1 pc.
- Fresh rosemary — half of tsp.
- Fresh oregano — ¼ tsp
- fresh thyme — 3 sprigs
- bay leaf — 1 pc.
- chicken broth — 2 l.
- Lightly packed spinach — 500 g.
- Grated cheese — 30 g.
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Turkey meatballs and spinach gluten-free soup recipe instruction
- Mix all ingredients from a meatball list in a bowl. Form with meat walnut-sized balls. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil. Then add meatballs to pan, ensuring they are not too close to one another. Cook time for meatballs at this stage is 5 min until both sides will brown.
- To cook the soup, heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a soup pot. Once oil is warm, put onion and sauté until it become half transparent. Add garlic and cook for 3 min.
- Add celery, carrots, and salt and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme, oregano and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put meatballs, chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and 30 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Add spinach and cheese. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. When serving soup, garnish with grated cheese.
Enjoy your meal!