Indulge in the sumptuousness of scallops with bacon and cream sauce, a dish that harmoniously amalgamates the nectarousness of the ocean’s bounty with the savory and salty punch of bacon. Elevate this classic seafood recipe with a creamy sauce that ties everything together, adding a lavish touch that makes it perfect for any special occasion.
- 500 g of sea scallops, patted dry
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced to release their aromatic essence
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream, a luscious addition that enriches the dish
- 1/2 cup of white wine, providing a nuanced flavor profile
- Salt and pepper, to your liking
- A handful of fresh green onion, chopped, for a burst of color and flavor
How to make scallops with bacon and cream sauce
Step 1. Take the chopped bacon and let it sizzle in a large pan over medium-high heat until it crisps up to perfection. Once done, remove the bacon from the pan and set it aside, leaving the bacon grease behind to infuse the scallops with its robust flavors.
Step 2. Season the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides, then place them in the pan with the bacon grease.
Step 3. Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side, letting them develop a gorgeous golden brown color that caramelizes their natural sugars. You can serve them with cilantro lime rice.
Step 4. Remove the scallops from the pan and set them aside, giving the bacon center stage once again.
Step 5. Now it’s garlic’s turn to shine! Add the minced garlic to the same pan and let it dance around in the bacon grease for 1-2 minutes, releasing its pungent aroma.
Step 6. Next up, add the white wine to the pan, creating an irresistible sizzling sound as it reduces by half, unlocking its nuanced flavor.
Step 7. As the wine continues to bubble away, add the heavy cream to the pan and stir until it blends into a rich and creamy sauce that will envelop the scallops and bacon in a blanket of luxury.
Step 8. Add the scallops and bacon back to the pan, and let them bask in the delightful flavors of the sauce for 1 more minute.
Step 9. To finish, sprinkle a generous amount of fresh parsley over the dish, adding a pop of color and freshness to the luxurious and decadent flavors.
You can also cook pan-seared scallops with lemon and garlic butter sauce.
Cooking tips for scallops with bacon and cream sauce
- Make sure to pat the scallops dry before cooking them to ensure they sear properly and develop a luscious golden brown crust.
- Use a large pan to cook the scallops and bacon. A non-stick or stainless steel pan works best for this recipe.
- Cook the bacon first until it’s crispy, then remove it from the pan and set it aside. Leave the bacon grease in the pan to cook the scallops for extra flavor.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides, then cook them in the bacon grease for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and caramelized.
- Use white wine to deglaze the pan and create a flavorful sauce. Cook it for 1-2 minutes until it’s reduced by half.
- Add heavy cream to the pan and stir until combined. This will create a creamy and luscious sauce that elevates the dish to new heights of luxury.
- After adding the scallops and bacon back to the pan, cook them for just 1 more minute to heat them through and coat them in the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and flavor. Serve this dish with crusty bread or over a bed of pasta or rice for a complete meal.
Be the first to comment