- Turkey — 5 kg (11 pound)
- Red wine — 200 ml.
- Onion — 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise — 4 tbs.
- Paprika — 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon — 1 tsp.
- Thyme, thyme — half of 1 tsp.
- Thyme — half of 1 tsp
- Ground coriander — 1 tsp.
- Salt — 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper 1 tsp.
Thanksgiving turkey roasting recipe instructions
- Thaw a frozen turkey, remove the giblets, rinse under water and then dry with a paper towel. An 11-pound bird will take about two days to thaw completely in the fridge.
- The marinade for Thanksgiving turkey is prepared as follows. Grate the onion on a fine grater, put in in a bowl and add mayonnaise to the onion.
- Add red wine, all specified spices from the list of ingredients and salt.
- Stir the marinade up until the mass becomes smooth.
- Spread the marinade evenly under the skin of the turkey breast.
- Сoat with marinade over the surface of the turkey and inside of it. Wrap with food wrap and place in refrigerate for a day (24 hr).
- Tie the turkey’s legs with kitchen twine.
- The turkey will be baked for at least 4 hours at a temperature of f 190 ℃ (374℉).
Enjoy your meal!