The whole cooking process takes no more than 20 minutes. This is a good cooking idea for those who spend the entire day at work and do not want to spend time in the kitchen much time. Adherents of a healthy low fat diet will also like this gluten-free green bean casserole recipe.
1. The most convenient way is to cook a thin casserole so the ingredients are baked faster and the casserole does not burn from below or above.
2. During the cooking of beans and the preparation of frying do not salt vegetables, otherwise, they will release juice before baking and the casserole will turn out to be dry.
3. From aromatic herbs the delicate taste of green beans is well emphasized by coriander, dried basil, marjoram, and savory. Use a few seasonings so as to maintain the taste of the dish.
4. A couple of minutes before the end, you can sprinkle the casserole with grated cheese.
5. In summer, the dish can be decorated with fresh herbs: green onions, dill, parsley.
6. For the casserole to seize and cut easily, you need to prepare an egg mixture. You can add a little grated hard cheese or 1 tablespoon of milk to the eggs.
Before continuing it should be mentioned that the cooking idea was borrowed from this resource. You can also prepare steamed green bean casserole.
Green been casserole ingredients
Green beans — 300
Egg — 4 pcs.
Carrot — 2 pcs
Onion — 2 heads
Vegetable oil — for frying
Salt — to taste
How to make gluten free green bean casserole
Step 1. Peel the onion from the husk and cut into small cubes. Grate the carrot. Fry the vegetables in vegetable oil until golden brown. Do not salt.
Step 2. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil, do not salt. Then immerse the string beans in boiling water and boil until half cooked for 5-7 minutes. Then transfer the beans to a colander and let the water drain. This will allow us to save time on baking. Green beans will bake well and the casserole will not burn.
Step 3. The baking dish is greased with a thin layer of vegetable oil or butter. It is convenient to use a silicone mold, the dish does not stick in it and is easily removed in the finished form. Put carrots and onions in the first layer in the mold, distribute the string beans on top. Each layer is lightly salted, peppered and, when desired, seasoned with your favorite herbs.
Step 5. Fill the vegetables with egg mass and send the casserole to a preheated 180 degrees. If the vegetables are laid out in a thin layer, about 2-3 cm, then 15 minutes will be enough. The beaten eggs should completely cover the vegetables.
Step 6. Being cooled down the casserole is perfectly removed from the mold and cut into portions. Gluten free green bean casserole is ready. It turns out a very tasty, healthy and bright dish that can be prepared both in summer from fresh green beans and in winter from frozen.
Enjoy your meal!