This dish is fast, tasty and easy to cook. Brown rice can be replaced with white, but with brown rice it has a nutty taste, which goes well with mushrooms.
Brown rice with mushrooms and green peas also will be an excellent idea as a vegetarian meal or a side dish to poultry or meat.
- Frozen green peas — 450 g
- Champignons — 300 g
- Brown rice — 100 g
- Onion — 1 pc.
- Fresh basil — 4 sprigs
- Vegetable oil — 2 tbs.
- Cumin — 1 pinch
- Ground black pepper — 1 pinch
- Sea salt —1 pinch
How to cook brown rice with mushrooms and green peas
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Peel the champignons and cut them into thin slices.
- In a saucepan heat the vegetable oil and fry the onion until transparent.
- Add cumin, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the rice, pour in 250 ml of hot water and cover the pan with a lid. Turn down the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, stir, cover again and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. At the end add the basil leaves.
Enjoy your meal!
Be the first to comment