Super Mario, the iconic video game character, is known for his adventurous spirit and his love for mushrooms. But did you know that he’s also a skilled cook? In this recipe, we’ll join Mario in the kitchen to learn how to make delicious garlic mushrooms in a flash. With just a few simple ingredients and some expert guidance from Mario himself, you’ll be able to whip up a flavorful and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any occasion. So put on your apron, grab your frying pan, and get ready to join Super Mario in the kitchen!
- Mushrooms – 350 g.
- Butter – 20 g.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Onion – 60 g.
- White wine vinegar – 1 tsp.
- Balsamic cream – 0.5 tsp.
- Parsley – 20 g
- Garlic – 6 cloves (20g)
- Salt – to taste
How to make delicious garlic mushrooms in a flash
Step 1. In a frying pan (mine is 20 cm in diameter, but if you have a lot of mushrooms, take a bigger pan), pour in vegetable oil and add a piece of butter.
Step 2. Place the pan on the heat and immediately, while the butter is still melting, add the onion, diced.
Step 3. Sauté the onion, i.e., wait until it becomes soft and translucent. Do not brown it! And immediately add half of the garlic, chopped finely with a knife – let the mushrooms absorb the garlic flavor right away.
Step 4. Next, add the mushrooms to the pan (wash them beforehand, no need to chop them, let them be whole, it looks prettier).
Step 5. Fry for a couple of minutes over medium heat, so that they release a lot of their own juice – it will mix with the aroma of onion and garlic, and penetrate the mushrooms.
Step 6. Then increase the heat and continue frying for about 15 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms have turned a pleasant golden brown color.
Step 7. Season with salt to taste. Pour in white wine vinegar and a little balsamic cream. These can be replaced with a small amount of balsamic vinegar. And if you have neither, you can pour in 50 ml of dry white wine – the alcohol will evaporate, leaving only a light grape acidity.
Step 9. At the very end, add the remaining chopped garlic and parsley. No need to fry, just stir to warm it up and remove from heat. Serve the garlic mushrooms hot.
Tips for delicious garlic mushrooms in a flash
- Choose the right mushrooms: You can use any type of mushrooms for this recipe, but make sure they are fresh and firm. Button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms work great, but you can also use shiitake, oyster, or portobello mushrooms if you prefer.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan: When you add the mushrooms to the pan, make sure you don’t overcrowd them. If you do, they’ll release too much moisture and won’t brown properly. You want to give them enough space to cook evenly and develop a nice golden color.
- Use high heat: To get a nice sear on the mushrooms, you want to use high heat. But be careful not to burn them – keep an eye on them and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add the garlic in stages: Adding the garlic in stages helps to build layers of flavor in the dish. Adding half of the garlic at the beginning infuses the mushrooms with flavor, while adding the remaining garlic at the end adds a fresh and pungent kick.
- Adjust seasoning to taste: The recipe calls for salt, white wine vinegar, and balsamic cream (or balsamic vinegar) to season the mushrooms. However, feel free to adjust the seasoning to your liking. You can add more or less salt, vinegar, or cream depending on your taste preferences.
- Serve hot: Garlic mushrooms are best served hot and fresh from the pan. If you need to reheat them, do so gently over low heat to prevent overcooking. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving for an extra pop of color and flavor.
You can also cook eggplant parmesan or cheese balls by Super Mario.
Be the first to comment