Poached chicken breast is a simple and healthy way to cook chicken. Here is a basic recipe how to boil chicken breast:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- 8 cups of water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs (optional)
Instructions (poached chicken breasts):
Step 1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and brush with olive oil if desired.
Step 2. Fill a large pot with 8 cups of water, and add minced garlic, bay leaves, and dried herbs if using.
Step 3.Place the chicken breasts in the pot and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
Step 4. Reduce heat to medium-low and let the chicken cook for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Step 5. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken to make sure it is fully cooked.
Step 6. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pot and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing or serving.
Step 7. Serve the boiled chicken with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad for a healthy and tasty meal.
Poached chicken breast is considered healthy for several reasons:
- Lean protein source: Chicken breast is a lean protein source that is low in fat and high in essential nutrients such as B vitamins, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Low-calorie: Poaching chicken breast is a low-fat cooking method, which results in a low-calorie dish. This makes it an excellent option for people who are trying to lose weight.
- Hydrating: Poaching chicken breast in water helps retain its moisture and tenderness, making it a hydrating food option.
Enjoy your delicious boiled chicken breast!
Be the first to comment