This soup recipe is rather uncommon in my kitchen. It is not hard to cook it. You need half an hour for the whole preparation process.
- Chicken broth or water — 1.5 l.
- Turkey mince — 300 g
- Oatmeal — 4 tbs.
- Red onion — 1 pc.
- Onion — 4 cloves.
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Ground cumin — 1tbs.
- Olive oil — 3 tbs.
- Lemons — 2 pcs. (1 squeezed and 1 sliced for serving)
- Spinach — 150 g.
- Black ground pepper and salt to taste
- Feta cheese —50 g.
- Ground turmeric — ½ tsp. plus 1 tbs.
How to cook soup with turkey meatballs, spinach and feta
- In a bowl add minced meat, feta, oats 70 g., the grated or chopped onion (2 cloves), the dill (keep about 2 tbs. for garnish), the cumin, ½ tsp. turmeric and 1 tsp salt. Mix everything. Lightly wet your palms and shape the minced meat into small balls.
- Heat the oil in the oven until shimmering. Add chopped onion (2 cloves) and season with salt and pepper. Cook until it begins to soften, above 2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add the remaining 1 tbs. turmeric and the red pepper flakes, and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the onion, then add the meatballs. Cook until browned on two sides, 5-7 min.
- Add the broth and remaining 80 g. oats, then gently stir the future soup without disturbing the meatballs. Bring to a light boiling, then reduce the heat to maintain an active simmer. Add the fried onion, and season with salt. Continue gently stirring to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom. Wait till the oats are softened and the meatballs are cooked about 4 minutes more.
Enjoy your meal!
Be the first to comment