Introducing a delicious and refreshing seafood recipe that is sure to impress your guests – Scallop Ceviche with avocado! This dish combines thinly sliced fresh sea scallops with zesty citrus juices, diced vegetables, and fresh herbs for a burst of flavor and texture in every bite. The combination of lime and orange juices gives the scallops a tangy and bright taste that pairs perfectly with the spicy kick of jalapeño and the sweetness of red bell pepper. The addition of avocado adds a creamy and smooth texture to the dish. This recipe is easy to prepare and can be served as an appetizer or a light meal. Follow these simple instructions to create a dish that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
- 500 g fresh sea scallops, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Scallop Ceviche with avocado
Step 1. Dice scalp[ss and combine them with lime juice, and orange juice in a bowl.
Step 2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the scallops are opaque and firm.
Step 3. Drain the liquid from the bowl, then add diced red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, red onion, avocado, cilantro, parsley salt, and pepper to the scallops.
Step 5. Stir gently to combine.
Step 6. Serve the ceviche chilled, garnished with extra cilantro leaves if desired.
Cooking tips to help you make the best Scallop Ceviche with avocado
- Choose fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. Look for firm, fresh sea scallops that are not slimy or discolored. Use fresh-squeezed lime and orange juice for maximum flavor.
- When slicing the scallops, use a sharp knife to make thin, even slices. This will help the scallops absorb the citrus juices evenly and cook evenly.
- Be sure to refrigerate the scallops in the citrus juices for at least 30 minutes, but no more than an hour. Over-marinating can cause the scallops to become tough and rubbery.
- To dice the vegetables, aim for small, uniform pieces. This will ensure that each bite of ceviche has a balanced mix of flavors and textures.
- When adding the avocado, be gentle so as not to mash it. You want the avocado to retain its texture and shape in the dish.
- Taste the ceviche and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt, pepper, or more lime juice.
- Serve the Scallop Ceviche immediately after adding the vegetables and avocado for the freshest flavor and texture. If you need to prepare it in advance, refrigerate the scallops in the citrus juices and add the vegetables and avocado just before serving.
Enjoy your delicious and refreshing Scallop Ceviche! You can also cook nutricious scallops with bacon and cream sauce.
Be the first to comment