Prepare a potato zucchini gratin for a festive table or an ordinary family dinner. It is a delicious and fragrant dish that is cooked quite simply. The ingredients of gratin, besides vegetables, include milk and hard cheese. Vegetables stewed in milk are so tender and soft that they are difficult to “pick up” on a fork. A cheese cover on top and fresh chopped parsley before serving will complete the perfect presentation of the dish.
- Potatoes — 500 g.
- Zucchini — 250 g.
- Hard cheese — 100 g.
- Butter — 10 g.
- Dried thyme — 1 tbs.
- Ground coriander — 1/2 tsp.
- Milk — 150 ml.
- Salt — 1 tsp.
- Ground nutmeg — 10 g.
- Fresh parsley to garnish the dish
How to cook potato zucchini gratin
- Recipe includes the preparation of all necessary vegetables. Peel the potatoes and wash them thoroughly, remove the “eyes”. Cut the potatoes into circles. They should not be too thin. Otherwise, the gratin will turn into mashed potatoes after baking.
- Grease the baking dish with butter. Lay out half of the potatoes – in a small form, you will get 2-3 layers. Add salt to the circles, and sprinkle with ground nutmeg, and
- Wash the young squash and cut into thin slices.
- Zucchini should be taken twice less as much as potatoes, since there will be only one layer of it. Put zucchini on top of the potatoes, also add salt and sprinkle with ground coriander.
- Put the remaining potatoes on top of the zucchini, add salt again and sprinkle with ground coriander and nutmeg. Pour the milk into the mold and cover with foil (lid). Place in the oven and set the temperature to 180°C degrees (356°F).
- Placed the foil under the baking dish because milk will likely boil and overflow over the edges. Bake for 20 minutes. Grate hard cheese on a fine grater. After 20 minutes, carefully remove the mold and sprinkle with cheese, cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle potato zucchini gratin with chopped fresh parsley before serving. It will be unusually fragrant and delicious.
Enjoy your meal!