This variant of soup belongs to traditional American dishes. It has been cooked and served to sailors since the nineteenth century. For now, navy bean soup with turkey is available in almost every mess deck. Here I suggest one of the simplest variants of cooking this soup.
- Onion —1 pc, sliced thinly
- Minced smoked turkey breast — 3tbs.
- Olive oil —3 tbs.
- Minced garlic —2 cloves,
- Chicken stock 1.5 l.
- Cooked and minced turkey breast — 400 g.
- Canned navy beans, drained and rinsed — 400 g.
- Ground red pepper taste
- Salt, to taste
- Minced fresh basil — 50 g.
- Grated parmesan cheese —50 g.
How to cook navy bean soup with turkey
1. Recipe instructions are not burdensome. Saute sliced onion and smoked turkey in the olive oil for 5-6 minutes, until the onion color changes to lightly brown.
2. Add minced garlic and continue stirring for 1-2 minutes.
3. Place other ingredients in the saucepan: chicken stock, beans, diced turkey, and black ground pepper. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover with a lid. Reduce the heat, and simmer for above 10 minutes.
5. Add salt and basil.
6. Put navy bean soup with turkey into plates, and sprinkle with the parmesan or any other cheese you prefer.
Enjoy your meal.
Other soup recipes you can see here.
Be the first to comment