If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty breakfast dish, look no further than Huevos a la Flamenca, also known as Flamenco eggs. This traditional Spanish dish features eggs baked in a flavorful mixture of onions, garlic, bell peppers, ham, and sausage. It’s a perfect brunch or breakfast dish that will keep you full and satisfied all morning.
To make Huevos a la Flamenca, you’ll need a few key ingredients, including olive oil, onion, garlic, ham, red bell pepper, paprika, tomato, green beans, green peas, eggs, smoked sausage, and parsley. The dish comes together easily and quickly, and it can be baked in the oven for a perfectly cooked egg with a runny yolk or fried for a firmer yolk.
So, let’s get started with the recipe!
- 2 tbs. tablespoons of olive oil
- 0.5 finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 slices of ham cut into pieces
- 2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (no seeds) a pinch of paprika
- 2 large firm tomato, chopped, peeled and seeds removed 100 g canned green beans
- 2 tbsp. a spoonful of tomato puree (optional)
- 200 g of green peas (canned)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper;\
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of smoked sausage
- 1 tbs. finely chopped parsley.
How to make Flamenco eggs (Huevos a la Flamenca)
Step1. Preheat oven to 230°C (446 °F) . Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and saute for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are soft. Add half of the ham and sweet pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, then add paprika. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes until a fairly thick puree is formed. Add peas and tomato paste (optional). Salt and pepper.
Step 2. Transfer to a dish or onto 4 fireproof plates. Make a dent in the center of each serving. Carefully crack an egg into each dent. Sprinkle with the remaining ham and place a slice of sausage on top of the yolks. Place the plates in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the egg whites are browned and the yolks are still pliable, or 15 minutes if you prefer a fried egg. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Here is video recipe small instrucion.
Be the first to comment